Tuesday, January 16, 2007

No Second Sock Syndrome Here

I finished a sock that isn't getting frogged. This sock is by no means perfect but sometimes good enough is good enough. Since I have what I refer to as "prednisone brain", I made myself some beaded stitch makers to help the old gray matter. I made markers with numbers 1 through 4 so I know which needle is which. I also made stitch markers with and E (work even) and D (decrease) that I use when I am working on the gusset. I have also cast on for the second sock. I will share a picture of my complete pair of socks as soon as I finish the second one and I will show you my cute stitch markers also.
Yesterday was a pretty good day. Younger DS's birthday was yesterday. DH took DS and two of his friends to Stomp the Yard and then to play at Dave and Buster's to play. After that Older DS took the four of us to Houlihan's for the birthday boy's special dinner. I am very proud of my generous older DS. After dinner the obligatory presents were open and then it was bed time for all.
Today has been a little rough. Besides having a good bit (bad bit????) of belly pain today. It looks like I am not going to be able to have the new medical treatment that I had been hoping for. Well, when one door closes, another opens. I also had to miss my Tuesday night Bible study. I am sure that tomorrow will be a better day.
Hope that all of you imaginary readers have a good evening.

No comments: